Delicious juicy steak with a Whiskey Sauce.
Two 8 to 10 Ounce Filet Mignons
Salt and Pepper
Your Favorite Whiskey (Mine is Macallan Cask Strength)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Use a fork to poke holes in both sides of the filet mignon
- Rub a considerable amount of salt and pepper on each side of the meat
- Heat up a frying pan containing olive oil, butter, salt and pepper
- Drizzle a shot on Whiskey on top of the meat, letting it seep into the holes
- Drop the filet into the pan, on high heat and pour more shots of whiskey on each side as it cooks
- Sear both sides of the filet until dark/nearly burnt
- Once the top and bottom of the filet is darkened remove it from the pan and place it in a tin foil bed
- Drop butter, mozzarella cheese and another shot of whiskey on top of filet
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes or until it reaches your desired cook type - medium rare and medium are my favorites
This recipe came from my new friends over at Food For Dudes. My mouth is watering. Thanks guys.