Another great use for the bread machine.
- cup water
- tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 1/4
- cups Gold Medal™ Better for Bread™ flour
- cup sugar
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoons bread machine or active dry yeast
- Butter or margarine, melted, if desired
1 Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except melted butter in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Manual cycle. Do not use delay cycle.
- 2 Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands. Cover and let rest 10 minutes on lightly floured surface.
- 3 Grease large cookie sheet with shortening. Divide dough into 15 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place 30 to 40 minutes or until double. (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.)
- 4 Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter. Serve warm, or cool on wire rack.